Friday, April 10, 2009

And for some crochet

There's been progress on the girl-child's cot blanket. A few weeks ago I made a start on this project found here on Ravelry with some gorgeous Merino Deluxe from Patons. My initial reservations about the price per ball were quickly put aside every time I ogled the dusty pink colour.

I was having some trouble with what the creator of said pattern called "foundationless crochet", which I've since found out to be foundation double crochet after a call-out via this blog. Thanks to Michelle for her help in both sorting out what the hell it was, and then for the demo at our last Brown Owls get together. This new stitch is the go for me I think as I always chain too tight for the initial row and then the whole blanket is in danger of becoming a semi-circle. Here is a close-up of the stitch...

It's so great to find crafty mates...I use to feel like a bit of an outsider, never admitting my crafty tendencies for fear of being labelled a freak...belonging to a weird counter-culture ... "Hello my name is Suzy and I like to crochet, sew, make jam, grow vegies, embroider, and...and...."

1 comment:

  1. Well, we are a weird counter culture, but at least you're amongst friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...