Friday, June 22, 2012

Hexy me-thingies

Hexagons! Brown Owls June 2012

I'll say up-front that I'm not a quilter. Seriously, I haven't got a clue. This isn't to say that I haven't made a quilt. I did once, and it's still in use...so maybe it's worth a go again.

Now the minimalist in me, adores these quilts from Modern Minimal Quilts , an absolutely amazing book. Appeals to the non-quilters like me. I will definitely make one for our bed from it. But, wee-Sophie wants a bit of fun and whimsy on her quilt - enter these hexy me-thingies. Just like a big puzzle really, a big puzzle of pattern and colour. This could be cool.

...and I'm all about the project NOT the process, so I'm not keen for this to take a long time. Stay tuned!

suzy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I need to introduce you to my time-saving friend, the glue basting stick.

    They're going to be great in a quilt for Miss Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just going to say glue those suckers but someone beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...